Reading Quotes: The Importance of Reading
Some of these reading quotes are down right hilarious, but I think you'll get the picture. Enjoy!
- "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
- “A lot of people ask me if I were shipwrecked, and could only have one book, what would it be? I always say 'How to Build a Boat” Stephen Wright
- "There is more treasure in books than
in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."
- "Books had instant replay long before televised sports."
- "The greatest gift is a passion for reading.” Elizabeth Hardwick
- "Some people will lie, cheat, steal and back-stab to get ahead... and to think, all they have to do is READ.” - Fortune
- “I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.” Groucho Marx
- “There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all.” Jacqueline Kennedy
- "Oh, magic hour, when a child first knows she can read printed words!" A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
- "What's another word for Thesaurus?” Stephen Wright
- “If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?” Stephen Wright
Return to Childrens Book-Worm from Reading Quotes